“If I Walk Outside Without Lipstick, I Feel Naked”
Let’s confess it. Most of us can not do without our favourite lipstick and many a times we can not judge the complete look without wearing a lipstick. One celebrity famously said that “If I walk outside without lipstick, I feel naked”. Such is the importance of lipstick as an everyday fashion and style utility. A right shade of lipstick can immediately lift the spirit of the wearer and give her a captivating review. In addition to that, lipstick helps in keeping the lips supple and moist and gives the necessary protection from the sun.
The Colorful Lips
Colourful lips are associated with
- Good health, high oestrogen levels
- Confidence and style statements
- An attractive and gorgeous personality
- Changing fashion dynamics
Shades are Influential
Let’s talk functional and practical points. We all have an assortment of a few bunch of lipstick shades randomly collected over the years. But out of these collections, we use only a few shades all the time. The reason is that on most occassions, we just buy the shades impetuously without considering it’s suitability for us. There are a large number of shades available nowadays and it is a tough task to decide what to choose and what not to fancy.
The Art of Choosing the Lipstick Shades
Here I am including some simple pointers to buy the right kind of lipstick shade.
- First of all, know your skin tone to decide about the shade of your lip colour. The rule of thumb is to look at the colour of your veins in the light on your wrist.
- People who have warmer skin tones, their veins appear green on wrist. They get tanned in sun and gold jewelry suits them better. People with warm tones tend to have little golden hue. Reds with Orange tinge, Berry Plum, Browns Copper and Bronze for them.
- Those who have cooler skin tones their veins appear blue on the wrist. People with cool undertones have fair complexion and tend to get sunburn quite easily. silver jewellery looks better on them compared to gold jewelry. For cool undertones with fair skin, go for Reds with Bluish tinge, Pinks with Blue undertones and soft Mocha. Nude also goes well.
- Those whose veins appear blue-green have neutral skin tones. Such undertones are called olive undertones. People with neutral complexion can use shades from both the cool and warm sides and both silver and gold jewellery suits them. For olive coloured skin with yellow tones, bright colours like Corals Reds, Hot Pinks and Rose work well.
- If you have thin lips, avoid dark and matte shades because these shades tend to make your lips look much thinner than their actual size. Rather go for a lipstick with a lip plumper. Lighter shades of Gloss and Shimmer will make your lips plumper and fuller.
- While choosing a lipstick which you want to wear every day without adding any drama to the look, choose a shade which is slightly deeper than your natural lip colour. To check the suitability you can apply it to your lower lip and compare it with the upper lip. This should be the shade on which you can always depend on without a doubt.
- Always own a red lipstick because red is a classic and it is for any age group and any skin colour. You just need the confidence to pull it off.
- Always try lipstick before purchasing it. While trying a new shade, dont forget to remove the older shade completely using the makeup remover.
- Try the lipstick in a well-lit area with less or no makeup on the face to get the right idea of that particular shade.
- Don’t hesitate to ask about the opinion of the professionals on the makeup counters.
The Result is Stupendous
A perfect combination of “feel good looks” and “visual good looks” can be achieved by using the correct and matching shades of the lipstick. But to achieve that desired combination, one needs to invest time and a little effort. The resultant effect will be stupendous. Take my words.