As We Age…
As we age, our skin goes through many changes. Skin becomes thin and less plump. It loses its regenerative capacity because of less blood circulation. Wrinkles start to appear because of the retarded metabolism of skin and glandular cells. It’s true that if we don’t take care of the skin at the right time, then it becomes wrinkled, uneven and pigmented.
The Solution Lies in…
The solution lies in using right kind of anti ageing products and that too at the right time. The product should be such that it should be able to provide ample protection to the skin against free radical damages. Further it should be able to provide required lipids and moisturizers to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
I tried many over the counter anti ageing products but was not satisfied. Sometimes it lead to breakouts and other times the creams were very heavy on the face leading to the oily skin.
Sebamed anti aging Q10 protection cream was suggested to me by one consultant dermatologist. After few days of use I started to like the results. So I decided to share my personal experience and review of the product for the benefit of the readers.
The Product Sebamed claims to
- Provide round the clock protection and regeneration
- Provide Co-enzyme Q10 benefits by activating metabolism at cellular level. Thus providing the elasticity to the skin
- Contain vitamin E which neutralizes the free radicals which are the major cause of ageing
- Contain Shea butter which provides a neutral UV filter for the basic protection against UV rays
- Protect against irritants and allergens
- Have sweet almond oil and squalene to replenish the lipid equilibrium resulting in soft supple skin
- Give the support to the skin in maintaining the pH value of 5.5 which is essential for maintaining healthy skin.
The pH value of 5.5 is called the acid mantle and it makes a protective barrier against dehydration and other harmful influence.
- Cream is slightly thick in texture and with very mild floral scent
- It takes little time to get absorbed into the skin
- It does not feel heavy on the skin. Nor does it leave any oily residue and make your face look waxy and smeary unlike many other anti-aging products.
- It works as a perfect makeup base. Hence can be used before applying makeup also
- It does what it claims to a satisfactory level. You can observe the changes in a week time if applied during the morning and the evening hours.
- It soothes the skin and did not lead to any breakouts.
- As a scientific thumb rule the results may vary from person to person based on skin types, skin texture and many other factors
- It’s a non-irritating cream
- Does not leave any residue or oiliness on skin
- Does not lead to breakouts
- pH is ideal for healthy skin
- Meets it’s claim to an admirable level of fewer wrinkles in 28 days
Some Grey Areas
- Comes in a glass tub which some can find unhygienic
- It’s expensive.
- It takes little time to absorb
Ratings : 4.5/5
Search, Research and Consult
There are many products in this arena but the greatest challenge is to find the most suitable one which works best for you. For this to happen you need to search, research and consult. If any product recommended by your dermatologist suits you and starts showing the results, then that particular product is good for you. Most of the time that product is good for others also of the same skin types.