Around a month back I have started using Saliface face wash. Now as the bottle is about to get finished, I thought of writing a review for the interest and benefit of the readers.
Salicylic Face Wash- Some Benefits Outlined
- This face wash contains 2% salicylic acid.
- Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent
- It has the cosmetic benefits as it removes the dead skin from the top
- Useful in fading the blemishes
- when applied tropically it works by shedding the dead cells of epidermis
- It unclogs the pores of the skin and prevents the infection of clogged pores. Thus preventing blackheads
- It does not have any effect on production of sebum
Suggestions for Use
- Salicylic acid facewash has to be applied all over the face
- Avoid the area surrounding the eyes while application
- Allow it to remain there for 20 to 40 seconds for it to act
- Rinse thoroughly
Some Appreciable Features
- Easy availability
- Fragrance is not overwhelming
- Very easy application. Just the right amount of foam comes out in a single pump
- Does not sting on the skin
- It is not very harsh on skin. Gently cleans excessive oil and skin impurities
- It is seen from experience that Prolonged use may help in preventing acne and also aid in fading away the scars
- Price is very reasonable @Rs 195
What it Lacks
- Might not be suitable for the people with dry skin
- Results are visible only after prolonged use
- Need to be used more than twice for the people with oily skin .
- Few people might be allergic to the salicylic acid
After using this face wash for a month, I feel that this face wash is suitable for the people with combination skin and for mild acne. As I have oily skin, two time application of face wash was not enough to keep the skin clean. It helped me with my acne marks and with blemishes but it takes its time and acts slowly. I feel it is not appropriate for the dry skin because it further dries out the dry skin. Also I found that it is less effective for a very oily skin with severe acne as it does not deep cleanse. For acne scars, it works slowly but produces results in the long run. I must say that those people with mildly oily skin, this product is worth trying and experimenting.